Grand-Aides program goals
- To achieve access to appropriate health care providers for primary and chronic care and to free professionals to do what only they can do by leveraging well-trained members of the team
2. To "decongest" emergency departments, clinics and hospitals of people who could be cared for at home with greater access for those who need to be seen. Specifically the goals of Grand-Aides programs are a 25%-50% reduction in hospital readmissions as well as a similar reduction in unnecessary hospital admissions, unnecessary Emergency Department visits and unnecessary clinic visits.
3. To “bend the cost curve” with more affordable care
4. To educate patients and to intervene in preventive and self-care
5. To create jobs and a pathway to a nursing career, and to enhance the lives of those who want to give back to their community.